If I’m starting an online shop selling art and goods, should I trademark my logo and file for a fictitious name now?

UPDATED: Aug 30, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 30, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m starting an online shop selling art and goods, should I trademark my logo and file for a fictitious name now?

Right now it’s only online but I’d love to branch out in the future and sell in a small shop. I do have a particular logo that I would like to use on all my products. Also, my name is similar to someone that is already established in the USA but we sell different things. Should I keep my name?

Asked on August 30, 2014 under Business Law, Florida


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Well, the short answer is "yes"...the more robust answer is that you will want to speak with a Business Development Attorney who will be able to assist you with both the business model, the business plan along with the variety of legal requirements and protections to move you to the level of business success you wish.

Shawn Jackson - California Business Development Attorney

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption