Health Insurance Deductions

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Health Insurance Deductions

When I signed up for health insurance I was given a breakdown of what my employee deduction would be.My health insurance coverage started on June 1st. I kept waiting to see these deductions every paycheck. After a couple of weeks I asked the

Asked on September 2, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

If the company accisentally enrolled you in the wrong plan (that is, it was their error, not yours), they have to provide any compensation necessary to "make good" their mistake. For example, say you were supposed to be in Plan A but are in fact in B and B has more expensive premiums: they would have to pay the extra or difference for you. If they won't, you could take legal action for the difference. But you do need to pay your share of premiums for any coverage you have received. So if you have been covered for 3 months but have not been charged yet, you will have to pay those 3 months of premiums.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption