What is my recourse if my wife isFilipino and she is sending money to parents without my knowledge?

UPDATED: Jan 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is my recourse if my wife isFilipino and she is sending money to parents without my knowledge?

I’m married 21 years to Filipino. We used to argue over too much money going home from her. She told me she stopped. I just found out that out of $29,000 net earnings she sent $16,000 to her parents in the Philippines. I am hurt by the lies but more so because we are struggling with 1 daughter who is a pre-dental student in college and a daughter who is a senior in high school. Is there a legal way to stop her from sending more than half her paycheck and sticking me with all the bills and college costs? I am willing to do anything legal, including reporting to the IRS, if it takes that. I thought if someone sends over $10,000 out of country it had to be reported somewhere. This must stop or our marriage is over. I can’t take it anymore. She hides it because she knows we can’t afford it.

Asked on January 19, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Unless and until you file a legal action such as divorce or separation, there is really not much thing you can do to stop you other than talking to her. Take control of all the banking accounts.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption