“false arrest and charges in chicago,il”

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

“false arrest and charges in chicago,il”

“false arrest and charges” on 5 may 09 my mother was arrested and charged with home invasion and assault on an old person. the victim my grandmother. but my mother did’nt do it, my **** head-herion junkie sister did it with her junkie boyfriend. she told me and my dad she was the one who did it, not our mother. but she won’t turn herself in, because she said shes not going to jail. the chgo police don’t care to hear what i am saying, to them “the case is closed”. my mother is still sitting in jail with a high bond and one of the must stupidest pd’s defending her. there is more to the story. i think we need help, but don’t have a lot of money. what can i do? thanks for your time…

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Criminal Law, Illinois


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

At the outset, you do not indicate how your mother was implicated in this crime in the first place.  Moreover, the fact that you have not indicated why the victim, your grandmother, has not provided a statement explaining that your sister, rather than your mother, committed the crimes that she fell victim to.  If your mother feels that exculpatory evidence (meaning evidence that demonstrates her innocence) exists, but is not being considered, she must bring it to the attention of her attorney.  If she feels that she is receiving ineffective assistance of counsel, she may bring that to the court's attention.  However, unfortunatley, private attorneys cost money.  Therefore, if she cannot afford to hire a private attorney it will be difficult for her to find legal representation on a pro bono basis.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption