What to do if a dentist refuses to refund our credit balance?

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if a dentist refuses to refund our credit balance?

He has had all of or a portion of our money since 14 months. He also did not bill our 2dental insurances in a timely manner.

Asked on January 29, 2011 under Bankruptcy Law, Massachusetts


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

So is he keeping the remaining money as payment because he improperly billed the insurance company?  You are most probably going to have to sue him in small claimscourt to get back the money that he is holding. Bring with you proof that he failed to bill the insurance company for the work as well as proof of payments made and that the work was completed. If you believe that he overcharged you because of the failure to properly bil the insurance company then you may also want to call and ask your insurance company for a schedule of the payment amounts (how much they pay for the work) and for all of your benefit explanations if need be.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption