Can I sue if I found wire in my food from a restaurant

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I sue if I found wire in my food from a restaurant

Ordered food from Bojangles significant
other bit the chicken and had wire in
his mouth. The wire cut the top of his
mouth. New Link Destination
ld company made a report they
did an investigation and now nothing

Asked on August 9, 2018 under Personal Injury, North Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

What are you suing for: a small cut in your significant other's mouth? If that's all that happened, it's not worth suing--the law only gives you compensation equivalent to the out-of-pocket medical bills you incurred, lost wages from an injury (if any) and, for long-lasting (typically months or more) significant life impairment, some amount for "pain and suffering." A small cut would not entitle you to any money.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption