Can I beat a fleeing and eluding charge?

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I beat a fleeing and eluding charge?

Asked on February 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, Georgia


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You don't give any facts of your case. However, contacting a criminal law attorney is probably in your best interests. An experienced criminal defense lawyer may be able to get the charges dimissed, reduced or win an acquittal at trial.

See if you qualify for representation by the Public Defender or Legal Aid. If not, then see if there is a law school nearby to you; they typically handle these type of cases for free or low cost. Additionally, you can check with your county's bar association; some attorneys will take such a case as your "pro bono" (i.e. for free) or little cost depending on your income and circumstances.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption