who is responibile to fix

clean water from my home runs through neighboors clogged pipe. they inclosed ditch with pipe too small

Asked on May 17, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Ohio


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I don't understand.  Do you share a water line? How? Is it a shared well? Are you in an apartment building?

Not sure who would until you give more information.  If you do know it is because of an enclosed ditch with a pipe that is too small, then it is based on who the neighbor is: renter, owner, co-owner, etc.

Contact a real estate/land use attorney in your stste to go over this issue.  Try www.attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.