What to do if my friend was driving my vehicle and blacked out at the wheel because of the side effects of his blood pressure medicine?

He blew a 0 and I also got charged with public intoxication charge because they found spice in my pocket. I was took it from a friend because he was having problems; he was also in the car. I was trying to find out what I could do to not have it on my record?

Asked on October 24, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to hire an attorney and see if you can get all of this dismissed. If this is your first offense you may stand a better shot. But really you shouldn't attempt to do this without counsel. Ultimately, if you were publicly intoxicated, that is a separate charge than what they found on you. You may be able to lower the fine -- just wait to see what your counsel will recommend.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.