If my fiance’s mother is a Chinese citizen and was denied a non-immigrant visa needed to attend our wedding, what else can I do to ensure that she receives her visa the next time she applies?

I have already written her a letter of invitation.

Asked on August 1, 2015 under Immigration Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is quite difficult to obtain a non-immigrant visa for some reason.  I have known quite a few Chinese nationals who were denie entry into the U.S.  At this point, you may wish to hire an immigration attorney to determine a better method to approach a new application. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.