Is my employer responsible for costs incurred by work comp/occupational therapy treatments for a diagnosis that I do not have?

I had complained of numbness and tingling in hands and feet while on the job for years. Appoximately 1 year ago occupational therapy set up my workstation for carpal tunnel, even after I explained and showed documentation that I in fact was diagnosed neuropathy. The nerve damage progressed until I finally had to resign to stop further nerve damage. What costs (if any) is employer responsible for regarding medical bills incurred by treating for a diagnosis I do not have?

Asked on July 18, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Nebraska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming your employer has a worker's compensation policy in effect as required under the laws of all states in this country, the medical bills that you have incurred for this perceived work related injury assuming that you have reporte it as such should be paid by the above stated insurance policy then in effect.

I suggest that you consult further with a worker's compensation attorney about the insurance question that you have written about and bring in all documents you have in hand for review concerning this perceived work related injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.