What can happen if I punched someone in the face?

he victim filed a police report but I have not spoken with police yet. What should I do? Wait for a warrant? Speak to the police? Also, my toddler was there, but my fiance took her away from the violence. I was intoxicated. Will DCF get involved? Is being intoxicated another charge, and can cops even prove I was drinking (I think the witnesses might of said I was drunk). I’m scared.

Asked on June 2, 2014 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

I sugegst that you consult immediately with a criminal defesne attorney in your locality as damage control as to what you have written about. One can be found on attorneypages.com. You could be charged with assault and battery. Depending on the degree of injury to the victim, the charge can be a misdemeanor or a felony.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.