If you have to go to court because you are accused of destruction of personal property, do you need a lawyer for this?

Or is there something specific we should know before we go? I’m unsure of amount of damage but it is a broken window and I think a laptop.

Asked on December 8, 2013 under Criminal Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You do not need to have an attorney when you appear in court concerning the malicious mischief matter that you have written about. Howver, having an experienced attorney with you would be of a great benefit to you. One in your community can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.