If the labor board has deemed that a company owes me money, how do I go about getting it?

I was working for a company and they are refusing to pay me. A claim with the state labor board was filed and they found the company

responsible for paying me. Now, they are refusing to pay even with the results.

Asked on January 18, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, South Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

If the labor board has enforcement procedures, follow those.
If the labor board does not have enforcement procedures, sue the company for breach of contract / account stated.
Depending on the amount you are owed, you may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.