If I have been divorced for 7 months and seperated for 2 years, is there anything I can do to make my ex stop hasrrasing me over leaving?

We have a 5 year old son that he does not pay child support on but I still do my best to give my ex 50/50 custody only because I feel that a child needs both parents. My ex is now acting like he is going to turn my son against me because I won’t work things out now that he has a job (I left after 10 years of him not holding a job, secretely spending money and losing our house, constant verbal abuse in front of our son). I just need to make him stop and protect my son. I’m always scared that he is going to get so mad and run off with my son and my son should not have to put up with this.

Asked on June 26, 2012 under Family Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you are being harassed by your former husband then you should consult with a family law attorney about the possiblity of filing a motion for a restraining order. You are entitled under our country's Constitution from being subjected to unwarranted contact from a third party that is not legally protected nor allowed.

The conduct of your former husband seems as though it is not allowed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.