If I was charged with disorderly conduct and the criminal discharge of a firearm, do I need to get a lawyer?

They are both misdemeanors. This is the first time I’ve ever been in trouble and I really just want to get the charges off my record.

Asked on June 30, 2014 under Criminal Law, Kansas


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You are never required to hire a lawyer, but that would certainly be a wise idea.  The charge sthat you relate are significant and a conviction can have a long lasting impact on your future. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.