If I have joint custody of my 13 son and my ex just took him to get earrings without my consent, what are my rights?

Our son has recently been suspended from school and is always in trouble with teachers. I feel this is a bad decision on her part. Do I have any recourse in this matter? I pay $354 oer month in child support.

Asked on June 5, 2012 under Family Law, Kentucky


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Given the fact that you and your "ex" have joint custody over your child, there really is nothing from a legal standpoint that you can do with respect to her allowing your 13 year old son to get earrings.

However, you might consider having some counseling session with her and your son with respect to the perceived poor judgment on her part as to what you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.