What do I do if I have custody of my 13 year old daughter but she moved in with her dad a month ago and now he wants his child support back?

Asked on November 8, 2015 under Family Law, Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Is this going to be a permanenet arrangement?  Her Father has to being an action in court to terminate the child support that is presently in place stating that he is now the custodial - sometimes called residential - parent of your child.  Be prepared that he may now seek child support from you since you are th non-custodial parent. Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.