If I have a bench warrant from 8 years ago and now live in another state, how can I resolve this issue if possible without going back and turning myself in?

Asked on January 23, 2013 under Criminal Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The best way for you to resolve the outstanding bench warrant issue stemming back right (8) years is for you to contact a criminal defense attorney who practices in the county and state where the warrant was issued. He or she can get the warrant recalled and begin the process of resolving the underlying criminal matter without you having to appear in court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.