How do I contest my deceased mother’s will

Before she died, my mom was influenced by my 2 estranged biological children to change her will, thereby removing me my 2 oldest daughters. I did an online check determined that there is over 160k in her estate, not including many Waterford Chrystal pieces which are also very valuable. I need to have someone place a hold on their accounts as well as her estate, since they took financial health assistance from me, her only son.

Asked on December 15, 2017 under Estate Planning, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and for the situation as it is.  I urge you to retain counsel on this matter ASAP.  You need to file objevtions to the Will when it is placed in to probate and to move to set it aside for undue influence.  You will need your attorney to help with this since it is a big burden to overcome.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.