How can I evict my boyfriend?

I cannot get him to leave.

Asked on January 15, 2013 under Real Estate Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Assuming you are your boyfriend's landlord, the way to evict him assuming he is on a month-to-month lease with you is to serve him with a thirty (30) day notice of the termination of his lease. If he does not get the hint and vacates in the next thirty (30) days after being served with the end of the lease notice, you will have to file an eviction lawsuit against him.

If that happens you should have a landlord tenant attorney assist you in the endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.