What to do if my visa expired while in OPT?

I am an F1 student in the US. Currently hold a bachelors degree and just had the OPT approved. I would like to travel to my country but my student visa has expired while finishing my studies. My passport is current, as well as the rest of my paperwork. I want to know if it is possible to renew my student visa and what other options do I have to be able to travel to my country and to return to the US without a problem?

Asked on March 6, 2012 under Immigration Law, Delaware


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.