If the trustee withheld proceeds from a sale for over 10 years in a judgement request against the trustee, would I be entitled to ask for the proceed amount plus interest to be paid over that period?

If so, would it be simple or compound interest? I am the beneficiary.

Asked on January 26, 2013 under Estate Planning, Arizona


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Obtain yourself a probate litigation lawyer to assist you here. If the trustee was sued concerning an asset in the trust, then the trustee may have been correct in withholding proceeds of sale from a trust asset, and no interest would probably be due.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.