List of FreeAdvice.com's Advisory Board
FreeAdvice.com's Editorial Advisory Board
The Editorial Advisory Board of FreeAdvice.com currently includes the distinguished attorneys listed below.* Its role is to suggest additional topics and material for inclusion on FreeAdvice.com, to offer editorial suggestions, to encourage the highest level of quality, objectivity and balance.
- Stephen M. Blitz, Denver. Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher; Former Chair, Public Counsel. Former Chair, Real Property Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Norman Brand, San Francisco. Adjunct Professor of Law, Hastings College of the Law of the University of California. President, California Dispute Resolution Council. Editor in Chief, Discipline and Discharge.
- Ronald A. Cass, Boston. Dean and Melville Madison Bigelow Professor of Law, Boston University School of Law.
- Tamar Frankel, Boston. Professor of Law, Boston University School of Law. Author, Regulation of Money Managers and Securitization: Structured Financing, Financial Asset Pools and Asset-Backed Securities
- Ronald Goldbrenner, New York. General Counsel, Promotion Marketing Association
- Roberta S. Karmel, New York. Professor of Law, Brooklyn Law School. Former Member, United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Gerald Kaplan, New York. Senior Vice-President and Tax Counsel, New York Life Insurance Company.
- James T. OReilly, Cincinnati. Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati Law School, Former Associate General Counsel, Proctor & Gamble. Past Chair, American Bar Association Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice.
- Elaine Reiss, New York. Former General Counsel, NYC Department of Employment and formerly head of National Advertising Division of Council of Better Business Bureaus.
- Denis T. Rice, San Francisco. Partner, Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin, PC. Chair, Special Committee on Cyberspace Law, State Bar of California.
- Harvey Rowen, San Francisco, CA. Principal, Starmont Asset Management. Former President and CEO, Merrill Lynch Trust Company. Former President and CEO, Charles Schwab Trust Company.
- Robert C. Scott, Newport Beach, CA. Law Offices of Robert C. Scott. Immediate Past Chair, Group Insurance Programs Committee, State Bar of California.
- Howard S. Sussman, New York. Partner, Sussman, Sollis, Ebin, Tweedy & Wood, LLP and former Associate Professor of Law, University of Houston.
- Thomas M. Susman, Washington, DC. Partner, Ropes & Gray, Former General Counsel, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Paul R. Verkuil, New York. Dean, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Former President of the College of William and Mary, and former Special Master for the Supreme Court of the United States in the Ellis Island controversy between New York and New Jersey.
- Morgan Lauck Walton, III, Woodstock, VA. Former Partner, Donovan, Leisure, Newton & Irvine, New York. Retired Assistant General Counsel, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington, DC.
* The listing of a persons current or former firm, organization or affiliation is solely for purposes of identification and does not imply endorsement. Members of the Editorial Advisory Board are NOT responsible for the accuracy, completeness or nature of any content or other material on this Website.
Revised July 7, 2000