Year after bankruptcy(chap 13) countrywide wants to foreclose

UPDATED: May 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Year after bankruptcy(chap 13) countrywide wants to foreclose

03-08 chapter 13 aprox one year later countrywide wishes to foreclose have not missed a payment thru backruptcy or after bankruptcy. Instead of receiving coupon to make payment for this month got served papers for foreclosure from sherriffs office.Thanks any advice would be helpful. Have tried contacting countrywide get phone bounced dept. to dept. and also when I do get someone dont get any answers as to how to solve this problem and what if any arrears there are.Thanks Jeff Sanders

Asked on May 12, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Okay, I am unsure I understand.  Did your house mortgage get discharged through bankruptcy? If so, you don't pay the money for the mortgage and since you don't owe anymore and you don't get something for nothing, Countrywide gets to foreclose on your property.

If the above situation is not the case, then contact the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and file a consumer complaint.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption