Wrongful termination

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 2, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Wrongful termination

About 4 months ago, I was fired for insubordination the company is calling it. Long story short a supervisor got right into my face screaming waving his finger, cussing at me. So i stood up for myself. I qas the union president, I have witnesses of what happened I went through the union process I went to the national labor board. My life has been upside down since. The same week that I was fired, my wife and I had our 3rd child. We’ve had to put our home up for sell. I’ve had to see a doctor for depression and anxiety. The same supervisor I had an altercation with was just recently terminated because he did the same thing to another employee that he did to me. Is there anything that I can do sue the company for abuse?

Asked on July 25, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

No, there is nothing you can do. There is no right to "stand up" for yourself when a supervisor is "cussing" at you or otherwise being abusive: the workplace is not fair and you are not your supervisor's equal. If you yelled out, cussed at, disrespected, etc. your supervisor, you may terminated for insubordiantion even if the supevisor "started it." If you "stood up for" yourself, your termination was almost certain not legally wrongful.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption