Do I qualify for a diversion program in Rockingham County, NH?

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I qualify for a diversion program in Rockingham County, NH?

About a month ago I tried passing off a $100 counterfeit bill at a gas station and was caught. I’m being charged with a Class B felony forgery and it’s my first criminal offense. I just graduated college with honors and have several job interviews scheduled. I’m worried that a background check will uncover a felony charge, preventing me from employment.

Asked on August 9, 2012 under Criminal Law, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not you qualify for a diversion program in the county and state of your arrest depends upon what the current policy is in effect for a first time felony offender as you with the district attorney's office and the court system. I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney that practices actively in the county where the charges are pending to discuss what your legal options are.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption