Workplace suspension

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Workplace suspension

I was put on one day without pay
suspension for something I didn’t do and
was when told I didn’t do it the next
day. I voiced my concern for feeling of
discrimination from another employee and
it wasn’t addressed or corrected. I
never signed any paperwork either.

Asked on June 17, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Alabama


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

The fact is that most work is "at will", which means that a company can set the conditions of workplace much as it sees fit. Accordingly, unless this action violated the terms of an employment contract/union agreement or constituted some form of legally actionable discrimination, you have no claim here. Specifically, for employment discrimination to be found, an employee's differing treatment must be due to their race, religion, nationality, age (over 40), disability, gender, etc. And you gave n indication that this was the case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption