What can I do about workplace harassment?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do about workplace harassment?

I have been being harassed/bullied by 2 co-workers. After a falling out, they have been taking it out on me at work, not scheduling hours for me, putting in false complaints to the supervisor, spreading lies about me to other employees. The 2 employees are managers. I have brought up the issues with my supervisor and he attempted to

Asked on October 13, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Utah


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Do these actions constitute some form of legally actionable discrimination? In other words, is it due to your race, religion, age (over 40), disability, gender, national origin, etc.? If not, then while unfair, it is not illegal. That is unless your treatment in some way violates the terms of a union agreement or eemployment contract. Otherwise, the fact is that not all employees need be treated the same or even fairly. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption