What are my right regarding a work-related injury?

UPDATED: May 22, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 22, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my right regarding a work-related injury?

I was struck in the head from an operating room light that was snapped off the ceiling by another piece of equipment. I suffered a concussion, a hematoma and loss of consciousness. I have been having ongoing headaches and pain. I was told that the light was a known hazard for over a year and was never attended to. Is this something that I can hold the hospital legally accountable for?

Asked on May 22, 2012 under Personal Injury, New Hampshire


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you were an employee of the hospital when you were injured by the operating room light, you can make a worker's compensation claim for your injuries assuming the injury is relatively recent and not time barred.

For that I would consult with a worker's compenation doctor. If you were the patient injured by the operating light, I would consult with a personal injury attorney about the problems you are having. Potentially you can hold the hospital accountable for your injuries.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption