woman harrassing my family after affair with my husband

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

woman harrassing my family after affair with my husband

My family is being harrassed by a woman who had an affair with my husband about 2-3 years ago. She has been on social media to post pictures of the 2 of them, has called my sister in law telling her of the affair and has called his work as well. My husband is working for a Ministry and something like could potentially cause him to lose his job. What can I do to legally stop her as she is determined to embarrass and ruin my family. She also called me at some point looking for him and trying to cause more issues between us. We are still together and on the mend to our marriage but she is causing emotional strain epecially my husband who could potentially lose his job.

Asked on April 7, 2017 under Personal Injury, Alaska


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your family can sue the woman for intentional infliction of emotional distress which is an extreme and outrageous act intended to cause and which does cause emotional distress.  The lawsuit can seek punitive damages (a substantial amount to punish the defendant's intentional wrongful actions).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption