Will the court send me something in the mail telling me tht there is a bench warrent that has been issued for me?

UPDATED: May 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 25, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will the court send me something in the mail telling me tht there is a bench warrent that has been issued for me?

About 2 weeks ago I missed my court date for a show cause hearing due to car troubles. I know that I probably have a bench warrant and am trying to save money for a lawyer and take care of this ASAP. I figured that the court would send something the mail saying that I have a bench warrant or a date for me to come in but I haven’t recieved anything; it’s been just under 2 weeks. How can I find out?

Asked on May 25, 2012 under Criminal Law, Michigan


Alan Pransky / Law Office of Alan J Pransky

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In Massachusetts, you won't get any additional notice.   The first notice you may get is when you are arrested by the police.  I strongly suggest that you go to the court today and present yourself.  The court will recall the warrant and address any issues caused by your default.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption