Will my wife’sPO find out if she was just arrested under her married name and she is on probation under her maiden name?

UPDATED: Nov 16, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 16, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will my wife’sPO find out if she was just arrested under her married name and she is on probation under her maiden name?

My wife has been on probation since 01/09 for several 2008 arrests. We were not married at the time and the PO doesn’t know she was married and still has her maiden name. She was rearrested a couple weeks ago (2 class d felonies for identity theft and 3 midemeanors, class a for criminal impersonation and class b and c for larceny). She was rearrested under her married name. She has not heard anything yet from her PO. Will she find out since its under her married name and if so how long will she be put away for? Her probation was for 3 years so this January would be 2 years completed.

Asked on November 16, 2010 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

You wife needs to hire an atttorney as soon as she can in your area.  The prosecutors and the probation department are going to figure out that she is the one person involved in all these matters. Her prints will pop up as well as her date of birth, etc.  Be prepared that her probation will most probably be revoked and she will be sentenced for the prior offenses and for the new offenses, should she be convicted.  It is not a pretty situation. And she needs help with all of these issues.  I would also be concerned about sentencing guidelines and repeat offender status.  Good luck to you with it all. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption