will i owe anything on my insurance after my deductible is met

UPDATED: Jul 4, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 4, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

will i owe anything on my insurance after my deductible is met

i have to have surgery later this year and me and my wife are having a baby in November. Will i have to pay anything for my surgery if we meet the deductible after having the baby?

Asked on July 4, 2009 under Insurance Law, Ohio


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends on the terms of your policy.  For example is it an 80/20 co-pay?  This means that after the deductible is met the insurance company will pay 80% of the bills and you pay 20%.  Of course you may not have 80/20 at all; or if you do there are certain bills that the insurance will cover for a different percentage.

Again, refer to you policy;  if you  still aren't clear as to coverage call the insurance company and have them explain all of this to you.

Best of luck with your baby.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption