Will I have a better chance of contesting a divorce with proof that my husband is not in his right mind?

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 14, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will I have a better chance of contesting a divorce with proof that my husband is not in his right mind?

I have emails where he has admitted that it was his medication making not think clearly etc. Plus he has come over since then and we have been together intimately and talked about working things out. He has PTSD and bad anger issues. I know he is not thinking clearly. Will any of this information help me contest the divorce?

Asked on December 14, 2011 under Family Law, Texas


James Peterson / Law Office Of James Peterson

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The issues in a divorce are the division of property and debts, child custody, visitation and support. As long as one party to the marriage wants the divorce then the divorce will be granted. A person's health can be very important when the court determines those issues. Anger problems by a child's care giver is a serious factor regarding custody and visitation. Having over 25 years experience successfully representing persons in your situation I invite you to contact me if your case is in or near the San Antonio area. There is no charge for the initial consultations Sincerely James P Peterson 210 349 5555

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption