Will disorderly conduct for indecent exposure show up on my record?

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2016

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2016Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will disorderly conduct for indecent exposure show up on my record?

I received a ticket for indecent exposure for masterbating in my room with a window open. The backyard area of my home is very private but somehow someone saw me and called the police. I was not arrested but I received a citation. The citation says

Asked on February 28, 2016 under Criminal Law, Texas


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If you just pay the fine and enter any plea (guilty or no contest), then it will show up on your record and any future employer will be able to see the conviction.  It could show up as a disorderly charge, or an indecency charge.  It just depends on how it's coded when they send the info into the central database.
Many employers will not hire employees with this type of offense.... so you need to avoid this type of conviction.  You can ask to plea to a different offense that is not so offensive to future employers.... or you can hire an attorney to fight the charge.  If you were in your own home and you were not intentially try to show someone your activities, then you have some potential defenses.  An attorney can help you develop those defenses and potentially beat the charges all together. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption