Will a typo in n approved I-129, create any problem during stamping interview?

UPDATED: Aug 10, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 10, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Will a typo in n approved I-129, create any problem during stamping interview?

My petition was approved. My employer send me all documentation for visa stamping interview. Now when I am going thru the petition (I-129) I found there is a major typo error in my petition. My employer provide wrong pass port number in the petition. When I asked to my employer they said, It will not create any problem as they have submitted the photo copy of my pass port. So please let me know will it create any problem during stamping interview.

Asked on August 10, 2012 under Immigration Law, Louisiana


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It should not create any significant issues in the interview process.  You will bring the actual passport and they will be able to compare with the copy submitted with the petition and it should be all right.  This is not the type of issue that will delay the issuance of a visa.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption