Why You Should Hire a Back Injury Attorney
Get Legal Help Today
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.
We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.
Hiring a personal injury attorney to assist your back injury claim or lawsuit will give you the best chance to get the recovery that you deserve. Attorneys have the experience to negotiate with insurance carriers, calculate the value of your damages, and pursue legal action when settlements are unsuccessful. Unless your back injury is minor and without chance for long lasting effects, an experienced lawyer is almost necessary to your claim.
Why Hire a Back Injury Lawyer
There are a number of reasons to hire a lawyer to assist your back injury claim:
- Level the playing field: Insurance companies have experienced professionals who know how to diminish or deny claims. An attorney can level the odds or place them in your favor, meaning that your claim will be decided on its merits rather than be based on the legal advantage an insurance company has over a layperson.
- Calculate all damages: There are a variety of damages available, not all of which are easy to keep track of or calculate. An attorney will make sure you know the full value of your claim before you file a lawsuit or settle your case.
- Negotiate fair settlements: Insuraners are expert negotiators, and can take advantage of you if you are not careful. Experienced attorneys can match negotiation ability and help you get a fair settlement.
- Ensure adequate medical care: Although medical care will be left to the doctors, advice from an attorney can encourage you to seek out the right level of treatment and ask the right questions about your future medical needs.
- Pursue all your legal claims: Depending on your back injury, you may have a legal cause of action against multiple parties. Attorneys can also help with workers compensation should the injury occur on the job.
- File a lawsuit: Any personal injury lawsuit should be handled by an attorney, and back injury claims are no exception. Attorneys will make sure your case is supported by the evidence, by expert witnesses, and by legal standards.
Personal injury attorneys offer a variety of services in back injury cases. Before you take action to recover compensation, speak with a lawyer and find out how they can help your case.
Paying a Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury attorneys generally work on commission, which means they get paid a percentage of your damage award or settlement. This means that you will not need to pay the attorney up front in most cases. Some attorneys may require retainer fees or expenses, but those fees can be negotiated, particularly if you find an attorney that works purely on commission and does not ask for anything up front.
Hiring an attorney is like hiring any other professional – you are better served by taking your time and making the decision that works best for you. Lawyers typically offer free consultations, allowing you to speak with more than one before you make a final decision. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can be the difference between getting the money you deserve, or having a claim denied or short-paid. Speak with an attorney before taking legal action in your back injury case.