Who do I contact to see an original Will and Trust?

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Who do I contact to see an original Will and Trust?

My dad died a year ago. Appointed my sister the trustee. She made a copy of these documents for me but won’t show the originals.

Asked on March 21, 2013 under Estate Planning, Nevada


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Obtain yourself a probate/trust administration lawyer to assist you in the administration of the trust. He can compel your sister to comeforth with the originals by filing a petition to have her removed as trustee, produce the documents, and compel an accounting of the assets, income, and expenses re administration of the trust. Lastly your sister is supposed to file the will with the court within thirty days of the death if in California which can get her charged with a crime if she has not done so.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption