Who do I call if my vehicle was damaged by Triple A towing my truck

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Who do I call if my vehicle was damaged by Triple A towing my truck

My 98 lincoln navigator was broken
down on the side of the road and
was blocking traffic a bit so as we
were trying to get truck out the way
a triple a driver past us by and then
stopped asked if I needed help and
offers to tow me for a price that I
couldn’t turn down here was on the
clock and headed to a job for his
company triple a during that time he
picked up my truck put on tow truck
asked if I go with him to his job and
then he take me and my truck home
but that never happend during the
process he dropped my truck
andaged it now I don’t know what to
do or who to call or were to get help
what do I do

Asked on January 9, 2017 under Accident Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you have the relevant insurance (e.g. comprehensive), the best thing to do is to submit a claim to your insurer (that's why you have insurance, after all), get compensation from them, and let them seek reimbursement (if they want) from the towing company/driver.
If you don't have the relevant insurance, your only recourse is to sue the towing company and driver for the damage they did; if you can prove by a "preponderance of the evidence" (that it is more likely than not) that they caused the damage, you can get a judgment ordering them to pay compensation. Suing in small claims court, as your own attorney, may be a good option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption