Who and how can I sue for my son being stabbed?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Who and how can I sue for my son being stabbed?

My 2 year old was in the play place at McDonald’s playing with the other kids when an older boy about 7 stabbed my baby in the head out of nowhere.

McDonald’s staff were pretty rude, a manager was in the bathroom when I went in to clean my son’s blood covered face and she looked so annoyed that I was in there. She actually sighed that I was in the way. And the manager complained that the employee would have to clean again now. The parents didn’t apologize or even acknowledge my bleeding baby. I have the parents

information from the incident report I asked to file. We had to go to the ER, and he did end up needing stitches. It was a McDonald’s toy that was used.

Asked on July 22, 2018 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the parents of the atacker. Parents of minor children are liable for the criminal acts or other intentional wrongful acts of their children; they are also liable for their own negligence (carelessness) in not properly supervising or monitoring their child.
McDonald's is NOT liable: a person or business is not responsible for someone else's deliberate wrongful act, because they did not cause or command that act and are not obligated to control that person.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption