What to do if while out on bond my son was arrested for driving without a license and fleeing from the police?

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if while out on bond my son was arrested for driving without a license and fleeing from the police?

He had his trial and pled guilty and received a sentence of 2 years which he completed in one. Although he completed his sentence for the 2nd offense, he remains incarcerated because his bond on the first case was increased. He has been offered a deal of 2 years on the first case. If he agrees to this will he received credit for the 1 year he served for driving without a license and running or just the 4 months he has been locked up since? Can he receive and “extended sentence” because of the 2nd offense?

Asked on March 16, 2013 under Criminal Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I suggets that your son consult with a criminal defense attorney to see what the besyt deal he can arange in order to be freed from jail. In reality the matter that you have written about is one of negotiation with the district attorney's office.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption