where should I retain an attorney Ohio or Pa ?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

where should I retain an attorney Ohio or Pa ?

I live in Ohio ,my father passed away. My stepmother has been distance. She has kept me from my father even up to he died even the funeral arraignments. I have been advised by an attorney in Ohio that I entitiled to half of my father’s estate. She hasn’t been taking my calls or even keeping

in touch with me.

Asked on November 9, 2018 under Estate Planning, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Thre are a few things that spark my attention here in your question, one being that I think you feel that your Father was in some way unduly influenced by your step mother.  If that is the case then you need to speak with someone about that after you figure out what is going on with his estate.  An Estate proceeding is a public record so you can take a look at the probate file in court and that is where you need to start.  You need to see if there was a Will or if there is an intestacy proceeding filed (if he died without a Will) and what it says.  Intestacy would mean the statute in Ohio will decide who gets what from your Father's separate property.  Any property held with his wife went to her at the time of his death.  Seek legal help.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption