When going to jury duiety,do the courts run you for outstanding warrants?

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 2, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

When going to jury duiety,do the courts run you for outstanding warrants?

I live in El Paso County,CO. I have Jury duiety comming up in a couple of weeks. Will the courts run my name to check for outstsnding warrants when I go to jury duiety?

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Criminal Law, Colorado


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It depends.  It may depend on if you get called to be on the jury panel itself, wherein each lawyer (lawyer for each side) can ask you questions.  You are under oath -- remember.

You cannot just simply ignore the jury call either.  Contact the court and indicate you have pending court matters and see what they say (i.e., waive your duty or postpone it).

Also, you may wish to consult with a criminal defense attorney and think about turning yourself in for outstanding warrants.  Try www.attorneypages.com and check his or her record at the Colorado State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption