When charges of fail to yield to a stop sign have been dismissed in court, can the insurance company hold me liable for a auto accident?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

When charges of fail to yield to a stop sign have been dismissed in court, can the insurance company hold me liable for a auto accident?

On August 24,2016,I was issued a ticket
for fail to yield to a stop sign from a auto
accident. Since this occurred 623 am
hours where there is a vast amount of
construction with no traffic lights by no
road signs, I waited for 2 mins at this
stop sign before I preceeded to make a
left turn on a two lane high way headed
north bound.For,looked both ways a
couple of times before the turn because
it was extremely dark. As I was in the
lane from the turn, I was strike on the
driver side from a vehicle that was
traveling at a alarming rate. The vehicle I
was driving was total loss which belongs
to my dad. The other driver collects from
my dad insurance with my insurance for
bodily injury. Yet, the driver did not go to
the hospital in the abmulance. I observe
him walking around the area with sitting
on a hard concrete wall along side the
road which was place there by

Asked on January 31, 2017 under Accident Law, Alaska


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can still be held liable for the accident.  The police report and its conclusions regarding who was at fault in the accident are frequently the basis for determining liability. What other items are in the police report which led the police to conclude you were at fault?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption