What would a charge be for running on foot from the police?

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What would a charge be for running on foot from the police?

Underage drinking party busted; I ran from the police; they got my name and birth date; found me 11 days later.

Asked on March 30, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Well, it depends on your age and if you are being charged with evading arrest or obstruction of justice. It could be anywhere from a misdemeanor to a felony but again it depends on your state's sentencing structure and how it categorizes certain criminal acts. In Colorado, as an example and not necessarily as what you have been charged with exactly, but resisting arrest could include fines in the hundreds of dollars and up to a year in jail. Basically, consider consulting with counsel to ensure you are not being charged with multiple counts of charges and to see if charges can simply be dropped.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption