What will the sentencing for a 17 year old who is being charged with 2 counts of breaking and entering and burglary?

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will the sentencing for a 17 year old who is being charged with 2 counts of breaking and entering and burglary?

My son has robbed 2 houses and may be getting arrested soon. What will the sentencing be? How much trouble do you think he’ll get in? What should we do?

Asked on April 6, 2012 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Depending on the State, he could be charged with a misdemeanor entry without owner's permission or a felony home invasion depending on the circumstances if this were in Michigan. My advice is to never guess towards what criminal penalties could be enforced. Speak with a criminal defense attorney in your area, convey to them the facts of the case, and let them determine what the relevant charges will be and any possible defenses available to your son. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption