What will happen to me when I go to court I got a summons for going to a park after hours?

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen to me when I go to court I got a summons for going to a park after hours?

I’m only 16 years old. We all decided to go out to eat sand then after that we all decided to go take a little walk in the park. Nothing bad. It was our first time at the park and we didn’t know that we weren’t allow to be there after 1 am. We are from out of state. I kind of lied about my year of birth making me look like I’m 17. But that’s because I was really scared. The summons has the wrong DOB for me. This is my first time getting in trouble. My record is clean and everything. Do I really need to bring an adult with me?

Asked on February 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Since you are a minor you will need to appear that the hearing with an adult. I suggest that the end result will be that you will be fined, ordered to do community service and be on court probation for six months or so.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption