What type of lawyer do i need to help me? improperly installing heat/air conditioning unit which resulted in

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type of lawyer do i need to help me? improperly installing heat/air conditioning unit which resulted in

Company improperly installing air conditioning unit which resulted in circuit breaker explosion fire. I have all the documentation including fire inspectors report, company statement taking responsibility. However, it has been over 3 months and I still have black walls around the breaker.
I need someone to assist me.

Asked on September 11, 2018 under Business Law, Ohio


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You would want an attorney who handles civil litigation.  Your lawsuit against the company would be for negligence.
If the case is NOT settled with the at-fault company's insurance carrier, your recourse is to file a lawsuit for negligence against the company.
If the case is settled, NO lawsuit is filed.
If you are dissatisfied with settlement offers from the company's insurance carrier, reject the settlement offers and file your lawsuit for negligence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption