What type of lawyer do I need for sueing a kid that punched my son in the head at school for no reason?

UPDATED: May 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What type of lawyer do I need for sueing a kid that punched my son in the head at school for no reason?

My son was punched in the head for absolutely no reason by another kid in his school. Someone took a video of it and handed it to the state police. This other kid has threatened several other kids in the school and I want to press charges. What type of lawyer do I need?

Asked on May 9, 2012 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


Michael Doyle

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In terms of "pressing charges," that is up to the Commonwealth.  Since you have informed the state police, that is likely in the works.

If your son was injured you can sue in civil court for damages.  Typically, this is for hospital expenses, lost wages, etc.  Depending upon the injuries,it may not be worth it to you.  Regardless, you should contact an attorney that does personal injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption